Direct Support Professional
- Location: Multiple Position Locations Available in Hutchinson, KS (See Details)
- Type: Full and Part-Time Positions Available (See Details)
About the Position
The DSP assists in serving clients as prescribed in Person Centered Support Plans (PCSP).
Education and/or Experience
A high school diploma or general education degree (GED) is required. One year of experience in the intellectual and/or developmental disabilities (IDD) field is preferred but not required.
The successful applicant should possess good communication skills, flexibility and a passion for assisting others. In addition, the ability to read and interpret documents, follow instructions, complete simple mathematical equations and solve practical problems is a must.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations
Current and valid Driver’s License
Physical Demands – Level 3 (Medium Work)
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Exerting 20-50 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 10-25 pounds of force frequently and/or greater than negligible up to 10 pounds of force constantly.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; talk or hear; and taste or smell. The employee frequently is required to stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. The employee is occasionally required to sit and climb or balance. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
- Full time employees are eligible for perks like company health and dental insurance, KPERS, life insurance, short-term disability, Paid Time Off (PTO), eight paid holidays and many other offerings.
- Part-time employees are eligible for some company perks like PTO and holiday pay proportionate to the hours scheduled to work and KPERS if scheduled to work 1,000 hours or more per year.
Applicants must be able to pass a set of post-offer assessments. These screenings include: drug screen, background screenings, and have the ability to complete the Federal Form I-9.
Available Position Locations and Hours
|Sun 8am-8pm/Mon, Tue, Wed 2pm-10pm
|Wed, Thur, Fri 4pm-9:30pm/ Sat, Sun 9am-8:45pm
|Wed 1pm-8pm/ Thur, Fri, Sat 8am-7pm
|Thur, Fri 4pm-10pm/ Sat,Sun 7:45am - 9:45pm
|Thur, Fri - 3:30pm-9:45pm/Sat, Sun 8am-9:45pm
|Overnights: Sat 9:30pm-8:15am/Sun, Mon 9:30pm-7am/Tue 9:45pm-8am at Lorraine
|Overnights: Wed, Thur, Fri 9:45pm-8am/ Sat 9:45pm-7am
|Mon, Tue 11am-8pm/ Wed 12pm-10pm/ Sun 7am-7pm
|Sun 10am-11pm/Mon, Tue, Wed 2pm-11pm
|Mon, Tue 3pm-9pm/ Sat,Sun 7am - 9pm
|Wed, Thur, Fri 3pm - 9pm/ Sat, Sun 9am-8pm
|Monday - Friday 7:00am-3:00pm
- A full time position is one that is regularly scheduled for 30 or more hours per week. A regular schedule simply means that an individual would be scheduled for the same days/hours each workweek. We have various schedules for our full time staff, including daytime hours working weekdays, combination shifts with some weekday and weekend hours and overnight shifts.
- Full time employees at the ALS facility are regularly scheduled to work 30 or more hours per week.
- Our production facilities are typically only operational Monday through Friday and would not be operational during the major holidays that TECH observes.
- A part-time position is one that is regularly scheduled for less than 30 hours per week. A regular schedule simply means that an individual would be scheduled for the same days/hours each workweek. We have various staffing needs, and all requests for part-time hours will be reviewed.
- An on-call position is one that is not regularly scheduled for a specific number of hours per week, but instead, the person would have the ability to fill in as their schedule allows. Typically, when the need for staffing occurs, a team leader will communicate directly with individuals who are on the on-call list. The on-call staff has the opportunity to help when they are available. The perk to an on-call position is the flexibility to accept hours when convenient for the employee. **On-call employees must remain in good standing with all training programs and current with certifications.
To apply for now or future consideration, complete an application online or obtain a paper application at the Wiley Building at 10 East 1st Avenue, Hutchinson, KS 67501.