- Location: Multiple Position Locations Available in Hutchinson, KS (See Details)
- Type: Full Time Position
About the Position
We are seeking a Medical Coordinator to assist in the day-to-day functions of the Health Services Department. If you thrive on building relationships and customer service, and have a knack for communication, organization, and love to help others, this is the job for YOU!
Under the supervision of the Manager of Health Services, the Medical Coordinator provides support by coordinating medical services for individuals with intellectual and developmental disabilities. The Medical Coordinator will be responsible for the day-to-day management and safe keeping of client records via electronic and paper methods. Attention to detail and understanding of confidentiality/privacy, to include HIPAA, is a must.
This position is non-exempt, and starting wage is $14.50 per hour. Specific duties include, but are not limited to:
- Providing effective communication and in a timely manner between various parties
- Scheduling, secretarial type functions and transportation to and from various appointments – to include in town and out of town transportation
- Interacting with various Providers to seek clarification of testing results and/or dictation
- File management to include both electronic and paper methods
- Assisting with maintaining on-site stock of medical supplies
- Communicating with various individuals regarding client care (guardians, providers, co-workers, management staff, etc.)
- Processing, communicating, and complying with provider orders
- Ensuing all provider exchanges are appropriately and correctly documented and monitored
- Receiving, processing, distributing, and ordering medications from selected pharmacy
- Coordinating internal wellness clinics
- Acting as a support person in day or residential facilities OR front desk receptionist as needed or requested
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
Required: High School Diploma or GED. Computer abilities equivalent to successfully completing the essential duties of the position.
Preferred: At least 1 year of experience in a medical facility or in direct care.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
Required: Valid and Current Driver’s License and TECH, Inc. required courses. (TECH, Inc. will provide these trainings and certifications)
Ability to partner with various levels of staff. Field and respond to inquiries or complaints, regulatory agencies, or members of the business community. Have a high level of written and oral communication skills. Ability to effectively present information to various levels of employees, public groups, and/or boards of directors.
Ability to use common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving s
several concrete variables in standardized situations.
As a general outline, the following schedule is being provided. TECH, Inc. will reserve the right to expedite or delay the process as desired or needed.
August: Formal Job Posting and HR Review, Top Candidates Selected for Interview Process(es)
August/September: Additional Processes, Top Candidate Selected, Position Offered & New Hire Welcomed
Qualified candidates shall submit their general application online via the application portal. https://techinc.org/apply-now/
Questions? Please contact the Director of Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org
To apply for now or future consideration, complete an application online or obtain a paper application at the Wiley Building at 10 East 1st Avenue, Hutchinson, KS 67501.