Residential Team Leader
- Location: Multiple Position Locations Available in Hutchinson, KS (See Details)
- Type: Full Time Position
About the Position
TECH, Inc. is looking for a Residential Team Leader to provide a direct line of support and communication between the individuals we serve, our staff and upper management. This is an entry level supervisory position within our operations team leading approximately 5 Direct Support Professionals. A Team Leader also provides services to individuals with disabilities to help support a life that allows for personal dignity, respect, choice and opportunity. If you thrive on building relationships and have a strong commitment to supporting others, this is the job for you!
Under the supervision the Manager of Residential Services, this position provides personal care, training, supervision, and assessment to the individuals we serve as prescribed in Person Centered Support Plans (PCSP) and agency policies. This position is non-exempt. Specific duties are:
- Directly supervises four to six employees.
- Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization’s policies and applicable laws.
- Responsibilities include planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
- Assures staff coverage is in place for all shifts.
- Provides care and reports progress on a daily basis and as required by the PCSP
- Attend to the personal needs of each client in a timely and efficient manner. Such duties include feeding, restroom needs, dressing, medication administration, and first aid needs.
- Assists with and/or monitors all housekeeping tasks in client residences
- Transportation of clients via motor vehicle or assists with arranging public transportation.
- Assist clients to develop their social and communication skills while encouraging community integration.
- Constructively communicate inter-departmentally to ensure service delivery to clients.
- Participates as an active and contributing member of client’s Person-Centered Support Plan team.
QUALIFICATIONS: PER KDADS REGULATIONS, ALL APPLICANTS MUST BE AT LEAST 18 YEARS OF AGE OR OLDER.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
Preferred: High School Diploma or GED AND at least 1-2 years of experience in the IDD field as a supervisor
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
Required: Valid and Current Driver’s License
Ability to partner with various levels of staff and persons served. Have a moderate level of written and oral communication skills.
Qualified candidates shall submit their general application online via the application portal at www.techinc.org/careers. Questions? Please contact the Director of Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org
To apply for now or future consideration, complete an application online or obtain a paper application at the Wiley Building at 10 East 1st Avenue, Hutchinson, KS 67501.