Under the supervisor of the Vice President, the Controller is responsible for all fiscal aspects of the organization. Duties include but are not limited to basic and complex application of accounting principles, problem solving, vendor relations and leadership of other staff members. The Controller requires both group collaboration, as well as independent work. The position is an exempt/salaried position and wage is dependent upon qualifications, work history, and skill sets. Specific duties include:
- Administration of corporate accounting policy
- Development of annual operation, cash flow, and capital budgets for Board approval
- Timely, accurate, and complete financial reporting, forecasting and budgeting
- Preparation of Month End Schedules for journal entries into the general ledger
- Facilitation of internal and external audits
- Completion of Tax Returns
- Various fund management reporting and responsibilities
- Supervision of Accounts Receivable, Payroll and Accounts Payable Employees
- Finance Committee Member
- Serves as Assistant Treasurer of the TECH Foundation.
- Member of the Executive Team
- Collaborating with co-workers, guests, vendors, clients, and members of the general public in a professional manner
- Other duties as assigned
In addition, this position will be required to attend monthly board meetings, as well as other professional events on behalf of TECH, Inc.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
Required: Five years progressive financial management and/or accounting experience. Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration, in Accounting or in Finance.
Preferred: Five years of progressive financial management and/or account experience within a non-profit organization.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
Required: Current and valid Driver’s License.
Preferred: Certified Public Accountant (CPA)
As a general outline, the following schedule is being provided. TECH, Inc. will reserve the right to expedite or delay the process as desired or needed.
June/July Formal Job Posting and HR Review, Top Candidates Selected for Interview Process(es)
July/August/September Additional Processes, Top Candidate Selected, Position Offered & Employee Welcomed
Qualified candidates shall submit their general application online via the application portal at www.techinc.org. In addition, candidates are asked to submit the following documents to the Director of Human Resources by emailing them to email@example.com.
- Cover Letter
- Three Professional References & Contact Info for Each
To see the full job description and submit your application, please visit www.techinc.org/careers.
Questions? Please contact the Director of Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org