Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN)/Registered Nurse (RN) – 25 Hours Per Week
We are seeking a Nurse Assistant to partner in the overall wellbeing of Persons Served. If you thrive on building relationships and making a difference AND have a knack for communication, organization, and critical thinking, this is the job for YOU!
Under the supervision of the Manager: Health Services, the Nurse Assistant will be responsible for serving as a liaison between clients, physicians, and guardians. The individual selected will be required to implement, monitor, and report on initiatives that support the well-being of Persons Served and Employees.
This position is non-exempt/hourly, and wage is dependent upon qualifications. Duties include, but are not limited to:
- Daily assessment of health needs of persons served.
- Provide appropriate medical service referrals as required or requested.
- Client assessments for both mental and physical wellbeing.
- Transcription, processing, and communication of Provider orders.
- Generates documentation revolving around client medication changes.
- Transportation and attendance during client appointments from time to time.
- Reorder and check-in medications as scheduled or required.
- Monitoring, documenting and follow-up of vital signs, x-rays, special tests and laboratory reports as requested by Provider.
- Responsible for TECH’s TB Testing Program.
- Assist with basic First Aid care for clients and staff.
- Attendance at various meetings as requested or required.
- Responsible for various “in-house” clinics for staff and persons served. e. flu shots, etc.
The Health Services Department is responsible for training/education for First Aid, CPR, ergonomics, and Medication Class, to include the peer review process. The Nurse Assistant plays an active role in this educational process. Part of this process requires that the Health Services Nursing team is actively implementing and training staff on the most up-to-date requirements. An on-call phone contact rotation is required for weekday, evening, and weekends. This rotation does allow for input from the employees sharing the rotation so that personal time can be protected.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
Required: Current and valid Registered Nurse (RN) License or License Practical Nurse (LPN) License.
Preferred: Experiences within a healthcare facility or other regulatory driven program. Experience with the I/DD population. Successful track record in implementing and auditing programs that reduce wasted resources and increase efficiency.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
Required: Valid and current Driver’s License. Current and valid Registered Nurse (RN) License or License Practical Nurse (LPN) License.
Ability to partner with various levels of staff, persons served, and community members. Field and respond to inquiries or complaints, regulatory agencies, guardians and/or family members. Have a high level of written and oral communication skills. Ability to effectively present information to various levels of employees, public groups, and/or boards of directors.
Required: Strong problem solving and creative skills and the ability to exercise sound judgement and make decisions based on accurate and timely analysis. High level of integrity and dependability with a strong sense of urgency and results-orientation. PC proficiency (windows environment) is essential. Strong administrative skill sets including, but not limited to organization, filing (paper and electronic), creating documents/mailings, record maintenance, etc.
Qualified candidates shall submit their general application online via the application portal. In addition, candidates are asked to submit the following documents to the Director of Human Resources by emailing them to email@example.com.
- Cover Letter
- Certificates, Licenses, Registrations Outline
- Three Professional References & Contact Info for Each
- Application at www.techinc.org/careers
Questions? Please contact the Director of Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org