Manager: Health Services
We are seeking a Manager of Health Services to play an integral role in the overall well-being of Persons Served. If you thrive on building relationships and customer service and have a knack for communication, organization and critical thinking, this is the job for YOU!
Under the supervision of the Vice President of Supports and Services, the Manager of Health Services directs and oversees the Agency’s Health Services Department and several staff. The Health Services Department is responsible for the overall physical well-being of persons served though hands-on monitoring, care and transportation, health history review and updating, as well as staff training and implementing of processes to increase efficiencies and communication.
This position is exempt/salaried, and wage is dependent upon qualification, work history, and skill sets. Specific duties, include:
- Monitors, reviews, updates, and communicates persons served medical needs and outcomes.
- Liaise medical information, healthcare needs, and health histories between clients, physicians, guardians, as well as staff.
- Orders, distributes, and oversees administration of medications to persons served.
- Teaches a Medication Administration Class.
- Maintain notes and records as appropriate.
- Actively participates and represents TECH at various meetings/organizations, including, but not limited to persons served annual meetings, interagency meetings, external organizations meetings.
- Advocate for client rights and entitlements.
- Promotes a positive and inclusive culture.
- Carries a TECH provided cell phone to respond to situation which require the expertise of the position or are considered urgent or an emergency. Usually part of a departmental rotation. Weekday, evening, night and weekend scheduling is required.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
Required: Current and valid Registered Nurse (RN) License.
Preferred: Supervisory experience in a healthcare facility or other regulatory driven program. Experience with I/DD population preferred, but not mandatory. Successful track record in implementing and auditing programs that reduce waste resources and increase efficiency.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
Required: Valid and current Driver’s License. Current and valid Registered Nurse (RN) License.
Ability to partner with various levels of staff, persons served, and community members. Field and respond to inquiries or complaints, regulatory agencies, guardians and/or family members. Have a high level of written and oral communication skills. Ability to effectively present information to various levels of employees, public groups, and/or boards of directors.
Required: Strong problem solving and creative skills and the ability to exercise sound judgement and make decisions based on accurate and timely analysis. High level of integrity and dependability with a strong sense of urgency and results-orientation. PC proficiency (windows environment) is essential.
Recruitment Time Line:
As a general outline, the following schedule is being provided. TECH, Inc. will reserve the right to expedite or delay the process as desired or needed.
March/April Formal Job Posting and HR Review, Top Candidates Selected for Interview Process(es)
April/May Additional Processes, Top Candidate Selected, Position Offered & New Employee Welcomed
Qualified candidates shall submit their general application online via the application portal. In addition, candidates are asked to submit the following documents to the Director of Human Resources by emailing them to email@example.com.
- Cover Letter
- Certificates, Licenses, Registrations Outline
- Three Professional References & Contact Info for Each
Questions? Please contact the Director of Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org