We are seeking an organized and self-motivated individual to fill the position of Medical Secretary. If you enjoy a fast-paced environment and have a heart for helping others, this is the job for you.
Under the supervisor of the Director: Health Services, the Medical Secretary is responsible for the scheduling, transportation, and internal communications revolving around Provider interactions with the individuals we serve. This position works closely with others and must be organized, communicate effectively, and have a positive attitude. This position is non-exempt/hourly. Wage is $10.00 per hour.
Specific duties include:
- Provides effective communication to maintain the timely flow of information between various parties (providers, clients, co-workers, supervisors, coordinators, etc.)
- Schedules, distributes medical packets (internal process), and provides transportation of clients for various types of appointments.
- Interacts with various Providers to seek clarification in x-ray results, labs, and/or dictation.
- Provides training to various co-workers, guardians, guests and visitors as required or requested.
- Maintains accurate and tidy files associated with client medical appointment history and other items as required or requested. Manually manipulated, Microsoft program based, and web-based are required.
- Maintains and stocks medical supplies for Department, as well as First Aid supplies for other locations.
- Completes administrative work as required or requested, including but not limited to creating memos, copying documents, creating and updating various reports.
- Provides backup support to the facility receptionist, completing all basic receptionist duties, when scheduled.
- Assist in the management of client healthcare needs as required or requested. Communication with guardians and/or Providers is required.
- Supports the Behavior Management Committees by acting as secretary for all meetings. (documenting meeting business and distributing such to appropriate individuals)
- Processes orders from doctors’ offices and coordinates with the pharmacy.
- Ensures all pharmacy exchanges are appropriately and correctly documented and monitored to ensure a quality result. (medication exchange, medication delivery and internal disbursement, meds that are not received)
- Responsible for the notification of staff when medication reorders occur.
- Distributes medications, usually monthly, but could be more frequent.
- Monitors and sends letters to guardians of non-lead health for appointments, i.e. physical, dental, vision.
- Generates Tracking Data for Practitioner – Medical and Psychiatric, ensures essential follow-up, and faxes documents resulting in such to appropriate agencies.
- Coordinates several internal “clinics”, including but not limited to Annual Flu Vaccination Clinic, Bi-Annual Dental Clinic and Mobile Medical. Would work closely with Health Services department during such clinic.
- Coordinates Physicians faxes for Reins of Hope
- Act as a support person in a day service or residential location when needed or requested.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
Required: High school diploma or general education degree (GED). Computer abilities equivalent to successfully completing the essential duties of the position.
Preferred: At least 1 year of experience in a medical facility or in direct care.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
Required: Valid and Current Driver’s License and TECH, Inc. required courses. (TECH, Inc. will provide these trainings and certifications)
Qualified candidates shall submit their general application online via the application portal at www.techinc.org/careers.
Questions? Please contact the Director of Human Resources at email@example.com